Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Family Time


Auston, Me and Kolby while we wait for daddy!

We went to Sea World for a little time together before school starts. It will once again be just Kolby and I. We have fun but, Kolby is a daddy's boy and it is hard for him when daddy is gone so much. That's life right? I have alone time to look forward to with him and his birthday is coming up, Kolby will be 3. I will still be playing softball and going to bible study. I need to start walking again, so I think that monday will be a good time to start. I am also planning on going to the wild animal park once a week to walk with Kolby, he just loves the animals. Maybe I will even get invited to "coffee" again with the other mom's. I am still finding it hard to make new friends. I have some new friends at church and in my bible study but, that is where I see and talk to them. I guess I need to be more verbal about wanted to hang out or just start inviting people to things or just over to my house to hang out. I am not good with that stuff. Time to learn right? I don't even think anyone reads my blogs, but it is a good journal even if nobody is interested in what I have to say. I think I will start printing them out and saving them. My dad's birthday is also coming up. I am always finding it hard to get him gifts because he always buys them for himself or they are to expensive for me to buy. This year I have a gift. He is a fisherman and I have found the perfect gift to add to his gear. It is from CutCo. It is an everything knife. I can't wait to give it to him. We just recently bought CutCo knifes and I LOVE THEM! They cut through everything. I needed a good set of knifes and now I got them, they even came with a lifetime warranty. Can't get much better than that.

My prayer this week will be from Psalms "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble" Psalms 46:1

I need to remember that I am not alone and I can get through this. God will bring me friends to keep me accountable. I have made one accountable friend, Christine. She has been wonderful. We only see each other at church but, we are in contact with e-mails. I am also part of a secret sister thing a church now and I hope that I will make new Christian friends through that also. In the end, I guess it is my responsibility to HOLD MYSELF ACCOUNTABLE!

1 comment:

L&D said...

Lovin' that picture. So so cute. And I second the need for an accountability partner. It really is so important for steady growth. Good for you.