Thursday, January 11, 2007

New Begining

I feel as if I am a new Christian. I was born in a Christian home, raised Christian, I even went to a Christian school for 7 years. I somehow missed and didn't learn the details of the Bible. I mean I know how to get to heaven, the 10 commandments and how I am supposed to live a Christian Life. What I can to realize in my Bible Study class is, I don't know half the people they are talking about. I don't know the details of the Bible. How could I have not learned these things. I am 30 years old and haven't REALLY studied the Bible. That is one of my goals this year. Our pastor was talking about how every Christian should disciple someone and have someone disciple them. I don't think I am able to disciple anyone yet. I want to. So I have made it a goal.

3 comments:

heidi said...

oh, janet, please don't stop blogging!! i remember when i first started, the only person that ever commented was my own mom. since then i have gotten so many of my friends started & that's why i get so many comments. one idea is to read a new blog every day (you could read the ones on my link list) and comment on their blog, even if you don't know them. that way they'll find their way to your blog through your comment & may just continue reading yours. hope that doesn't sound too commanding...by the way, i TOTALLY forgot to give you back your giant bin of clothes last week! give me a call if you want to drop by and get them someday..i would offer to do it, but it doesn't fit in my car anymore with the carseat and stroller.

Lovella ♥ said...

hi, I read this post when you first posted it and I didn't leave a comment, now I feel bad, I should have encouraged you. I was checking back to see how your bible studying was going. Just because people don't post a comment, it dosen't mean that we don't read or don't care. I do.

L&D said...

Found this link from Heidi's blog. I too find it difficult to disciple people even if I do think I have the knowledge. I found this post very encouraging. Nice to know you're not alone out there hey?