Tuesday, October 4, 2011

It's been a year.....

Wow, can't believe it's been a year since my last post. not good.

Guess I'll start with my summer. My hubby & neighbor re-built the left side of our fence. Now it stands up straight! We are hoping to get the right side done by spring break. We took a week vacation to the Seirra Nevada's with my dad and Mary. It was alot of fun, although poor grandma Mary hurt her back and was not able to do much the whole week. This was the first time me and my boys stayed in a tent and brought a dog.

It was an experence to say the least. The 400 lbs male bear in our campsite at night didn't help us sleep to well, so we plan on buying a trailer for our next vacation.

It was so beautiful at Virginia Lakes! I remember some of it from the pictures of when I was a little girl. Can't wait to spend more time there with my family in the years to come.

We fished, kayaked and of coursed farkeled!! We love hanging out with each other. My dad caught two fish and Daniel caught only one. The boys and I caught nothing. But still had fun. Layla loved riding on the Kayak. We had fun taking her around the lake with us. She was a good dog, keeping an eye out for strangers the whole trip.

We took a trip to Bodie (we called Body growing up). I have been there my share of times as a kid and it was fun to share it with my boys. While the boys took the tour, Layla and I walked around taking pictures. It was a beautiful day.

So, although we didn't get to catch tons of fish and enjoy a huge fish fry, we did enjoy the three fish we fried up shared. It was so beautiful to wake up every morning and look out at the lake, take Layla on walks around the campground and fish on and off all day. Great family memories were made. God continues to Bless me and my family, I am so grateful.

For the rest of my vacation photos, check out my facebook album =)

1 comment:

suegreenbean said...

Sounds like you had a fun trip...It is so beautiful up there. BEAR?!?!?!?! Eeeeek!