Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A week after the fire

I am still in shock at the aftermath the fires left behind. As I sit here and write, I look out my window and see my neighbors house burnt down and the chard remains of what used to be trees in my yard. I feel so blessed that the Lord saved my home. It is so overwhelming. So many people have been affected by the fires here. I hear stories of people not having insurance, that they make to much money for FEMA to help, how does that make sense, they lost everything. I thought I heard our president say that no one would be turned down? Then there are people who were retired and living on a fixed income, still no insurance. My heart goes out to them all. I pray for them all everyday. God use them, help them see that you have not left them. Let them feel the warmth of your arms around them. God you are so good to us, even in trouble times, you are still there, loving us, holding us up. Thank You Lord! I prayed so hard when we were evacuated, I prayed you would protect my home AND YOU DID, I prayed that you would protect my neighbors AND YOU DID, even though one lost their home, you kept them safe Lord. All I could do was pray and give it all to you. You kept the neighbors safe that stayed behind and fought the fires with our garden hoses, Thank you for them Lord. I can never thank them enough for their bravery. I thank you Lord for the many who have stepped forward to help those in need, for TIDE to volunteer and do the laundry, for Christian organizations who have been handing out food, clothing, bedding, etc. and for using our church as a one stop shop for the fire victims. Let them feel YOUR LOVE as they come and receive the help that has been offered to them. Thank You Lord!

Amen

No comments: